Translate

Wednesday 19 July 2017

A Lonely, Deserted Road

Hi I'm Ruth

To be honest, the thought of me having a blog never crossed my mind in these recent few months of 2017. Maybe in the beginning of the year, yes. But definitely not these few months, until today.

The reason I actually remembered it's existence was because a friend of mine mentioned it to me. It was as if lightning struck me, and my mind went blank for a whole second before I came back to reality. To think that I actually had promised myself to update this blog more often, I can only say sorry to... I don't know who.

But anyway life went on not as usual but as life does. It had it's ups and downs, and I'm glad to say that it's in the middle this month (let's hope it gets better instead of worse). Last year could have been the worst of all, but I'd be lucky if that is truly so.


Well, today, I went through my random writings and decided to bring you my most recent poem, entitled, A Lonely, Deserted Road.


There you go.



Walking on a lonely, deserted road,
The end seemed so near and yet so far,
Wondering whether stop or go on I should,
I paused, looking at the distance with fear.

Fear, or is it excitement?
With that feeling I yearned to reach it,
And to grasp it I went through torment,
But it felt so right.

Once again I paused, looking back,
And I saw no progression,
A positive mind and heart I lack,
I searched for it in a friend.

Finally I reached the end,
But oh, ti's just the beginning,
Gone was my dear friend,
Long gone in the misty ring.

The misty ring of sorrow,
The rusting chain of misunderstandings,
The blurry haze of doubt,
They took away whatever gave me meanings.

Yet again I paused,
In search for my only friend and companion,
Was I the one lost, or was he lost,
No one could have known.

They all said I was trying too hard,
But tell me whether trying too hard isn't a way of perseverance,
For I need to know the truth of the words,
Yes? No? Maybe? Probably? Yes?

Why should I continue on the road alone,
When I could have a mate and companion,
When I could let that person,
Cease away my woes and pain?

I won't give up on the road,
Nor will I give up on my friend,
For I believe that there's still some love,
Hidden away in the depths of the heart.

I do so wish I would finish the path fast,
To know whether it was worth it,
Whether I would get my love back,
Whether anything would come back to me.

Walking on a lonely, deserted road,
The end seems so near yet so far,
But I would still walk a thousand miles,
With no arguments nor complaints,
If I have my only friend by my side,
Just in order to reach the end.


Read it, comprehend it and think about it as you may. See you soon!




No comments: